Project 3:27 Inc. nonprofit 501 (c)(3) Serving the People in Faulkner County, Arkansas
Our Mission Statement:
Project 3:27 Inc. is committed to meeting the automotive and other needs of families and individuals by providing a life changing event through collaborative efforts of companies, as well as individuals, to not withhold good from those in need, when it is in our power to help.
Announcing our first fund raiser a Celebrity Spelling Bee and Silent Auction July 25, 2014, 7:00 at the Conway Junior High School
Spelling Rules for Project 3:27 Fun Raiser July 25, 2014
1. Any adult, at least 18 years old may enter and participate.
2. All words listed in the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary,
3. The entry fee is $200 and is nonrefundable.
4. The difficulty for words in the competition will start at a upper elementary and middle school level.
5. The judges are in complete control of the competition, and their decision shall be final on all questions. All rules are subject to modification by the judges and/or the event organizer.
6. All participants are expected to be signed-in at the event location no later than 30 minutes prior to the announced starting time of the contest. (6:30)
7. Participants may draw numbers to see where they stand in order.
8. The role of the pronouncer is (1) to correctly pronounce the word and (2) to give a sentence, and definition.
9. The role of the judge(s) is to determine whether the contestant has spelled the word correctly.
10. The role of the speller is spell the word correctly.
11. In competition, after the pronouncer gives the team a word, the speller is encouraged to pronounce the word before spelling it and after spelling it. The judges may not disqualify a speller for failing to pronounce the word either before or after spelling it.
12. The speller may ask the pronouncer to say the word again, define it, and use it in a sentence.
13. The judges may disqualify any speller who ignores a request to start spelling.
14. The judges may not disqualify a speller for asking a question. The judge may disqualify a speller who ignores a request to start spelling.
15. Having started to spell a word, a speller may stop and start over, retracing the spelling from the beginning. In retracing, however, there can be no change of letters or their sequence from those first pronounced. If letters or their sequence is changed in the respelling, the speller will be eliminated.
16. The competition shall be conducted in rounds. Each speller remaining in the spelling bee at the start of a round shall spell one word in the round. Upon missing the spelling of a word, a speller immediately drops out of the competition. The next word on the pronouncer's list is given to the next speller.
17. “MULLIGAN” RULE – Each team may after being eliminated from competition, reenter during the same round by making a $75 additional contribution to Project 3:27. A team may reenter the competition only once.. 18. If none of the spellers remaining in the spelling bee at the start of a round spells a word correctly during that round, all shall remain in the competition with the spellers spelling in the original order.
19. All spellers eliminated in the same round will be tied for the same place. 20. If only one of the spellers remaining in the competition at the start of a round spells a word correctly during that round, a new round shall begin and the speller shall be given an opportunity to spell the next word on the list. If the speller succeeds in correctly spelling the new word, the speller shall be declared the champion. Otherwise (that is, if the speller does not succeed in correctly spelling the new word), all the spellers remaining in the competition at the start of the previous round shall remain in the competition. A new round will begin, with these spellers spelling in the original order.
21. The champion is not the champion until he or she has spelled correctly two more words than the speller or spellers placing second have spelled. These two words will be spelled consecutively only if the champion is the last speller in a round.
22. Any question relating to the spelling of a word should be referred to the judges whose decision is final.
23. The dictionary provided by the judges shall serve as the final authority for the spelling of words.
24. Although this is to be a fun time – it is the responsibility of the audience and Pesky Bee to be extremely quiet while a person is in the process of spelling a word.
This is a fun fund-raiser so let’s be good sports and everyone have a good time providing goods and services to the needy.